The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Excessive Lag:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Arius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Excessive Lag:

I've been having problems with lag spikes ever since i moved. I'm still using cable modem, and the speed is good, but every once in a while my ping rate just shoots through the roof, and my character sorta 'phases out' of existence.....only to come back anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds later. Sometimes it does it more often than not. I reboot occasionally, but i don't think that does any good. It does it all the time, regardless of time of day and amount of people in zone. It *is* a bit worse on raids since then i'm subject to 'normal' lag moreso, i'm guessing. I never go LD...my computer will freeze up occasionally(normal ops, really), but never LD.

Also, it's not just an eq thing...sometimes internet pages will just time out or a page will just take a long time to come up...but as soon as i hit refresh, or reclick the link, it pops right up, as it should.

Anyway, i've called the cable co several times on this. I've heard everything from reset your cable modem to download the new Internet explorer....everything but, 'our shit is screwed up, let's fix it.' As far as they are concerned, the speed is there, so there's nothing wrong with their end. It's not eq only, so i'm wondering if there are any settings on my PC that i could tweak to help alleviate this? Any help or suggestions are much appreciated, and don't worry, you can't make it much worse:p

Edited by: Arius at: 10/14/02 12:22:26 pm

Alermik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Excessive Lag:

Check and see if there's any programs running in the background on your computer that would access the internet for whatever reason. This can be as simple as a virus checker taking hold of half your connection to check and see if there's a new update (err, I'm a fan of redundancy).

Also, I've noticed EQ servers having more problems with lag in general of late. Not sure why, but I've heard other people say similar things, so it's not just me. This, coupled with routers going down/whatever odd internet event might be occuring at the time can make for some interesting EQ sessions. :\

p.s. Grats on 60, bud!

Elyhim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Excessive Lag:

the 13 world wide servers were attacked last week? 9 were effected. dunno if its causing lag or not

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Excessive Lag:

Lol, what?

Master Shiloch Venzolmes - Arch Mage - Walkers

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: