The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
OMFG!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Spazz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: OMFG!!!

Can you call me maybe later I might be able to help but we should chatter on the phone rather than on this board. . .

send me an email at corpsesrus@hotmail.com or IM me later my AOL screen name is blankness!

We can try a few fixes. . .

Thallas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:00 am    Post subject: OMFG!!!

I just can't beleive this. After ALLL the shit I have been thru with this connect prob, I went back to a hub and individual ip assigned from the ISP for each PC. This costs me an extra 20$ a month or so. SAME PROBLEM!!! As soon as I log 2 accounts in to EQ, both go LD and my whole network dies.
I'm at my wits end.

Magelo Profile

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: OMFG!!!

Did you get this fixed, Thallas? I noticed you and Teeks playing the other day.

Baron Shiloch Venzolmes - Arch Mage - Walkers

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Thallas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: OMFG!!!

seems to be ok as long as we dont autofollow or have anyone auto on us, who knows, Ive been thru my system with a microscope, no reason for it

Magelo Profile

Spazz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: OMFG!!!

I thought he was crazy untill I got my cable modem hooked up the other day. Laeena, Euotis, and I were up on the moon and we went to auto-follow him and BLAM, Laeena went LinkDead! I didn't and my network stayed up BUT she kept going LD. This also happened when we were in Bazaar and I typed Bazaar, WHAM, LD. It happened again when I made a guild chat window and tried to change the name, WHAM, Fucking LD. I am looking at a few options and I will let you know what I find out. Now that I was able to mimik the issue I can fix it!

Spazz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: OMFG!!!

I am trying some tips I found here. . .

www.cablemodemhelp.com

try it?

Spazz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: OMFG!!!

Broadband Connection Troubleshooting

The following are things to check if you are having connection problems while playing EverQuest when using some form of Broadband connection (Cable Modem, DSL, etc.).

The first thing that you would want to check if you are losing connection to the game while playing is whether or not your network adapter is sharing an IRQ with your Video or Sound card. To check for this, right click on the "My Computer" icon on your desktop and choose "Properties" from the menu. Next, choose the "Device Manager" tab and double click the "Computer" entry at the top of the device list. This should bring up the IRQ Resource window. If your network card is sharing an IRQ with your Video or Sound card then you will need to move one of those devices to a different slot on your motherboard to resolve the conflict.

If you have a modem installed in your computer along with the network card for either your Cable or DSL modem then it may cause troubles. We recommend that you remove the modem from your computer completely, or at least disable it, so there is no conflict there between the modem and your network card.

There is a file in your EverQuest directory that is named Datarate.txt. This file determines the size of the packets of information that you receive during gameplay. The default value in the file is 5.0, but we recommend that you try setting it at 7.0. This should speed up certain aspects of the game such as zoning times. If you are encountering severe packet loss at either of those settings then you may want to try setting it at a value lower then 5.0. If you are using a standard dial up modem, do not set the value in that file higher then 5.0.

Remember that if you are running a firewall, then it could cause connection troubles to our servers. You will either need to disable any firewalls you may have running, or visit our Firewall/Proxy Support page for all the necessary modifications you would need in order to connect to EverQuest from behind your firewall

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: