The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Hiya Kael got a question for Ya

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

produs

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Hiya Kael got a question for Ya

Hey Kael,
Long time no talk.
As i was looking through these post i saw one that may be my problem. I am still running 98FE and read that it always freezes, reboots and crash to desktop. Maybe this is it i hav XP but haven't installed it. Also read that you need 512ram my comp will only hold 386.
What do you think.

Thank You

Produs

Kalenie

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiya Kael got a question for Ya

I only have 356ram and I do just fine. Arius had XP on his and it did not help his crashes, actually made it worse. He went back to 98.

Kal

Kaelwolf

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiya Kael got a question for Ya

It really depends on the processor/video card. I would try XP and see what happens. I run XP and have no probs at all - but I am runnin a P4. If XP still gives ya problems - try Win2K. Without knowing the hardware specifics of your machine, I would not know where to start to try and help ya.

Edited by: Kaelwolf  at: 5/5/02 10:22:23 pm

produs

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiya Kael got a question for Ya

Hi.
Thx for looking Kael. I have a pent2 400mhz, 386ram maxxed out. and a 64meg Nvidea graphics card.

Kaelwolf

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hiya Kael got a question for Ya

Your system meets the min requirements for XP. Try XP and see if EQ works. I would suggest not buying the XP ugrade, but getting the new install version. Blow away your old windows install and start from scratch.

Remember if you chose to start from sratch, make sure u have a bootable cd rom drive or make the necessary start up disks.

If you dont need anything on the hard drive, I suggest booting the puter up with a win98 startup disk and doing a format c:/Q - make sure you have determined that the cd rom will boot with the xp disk or u made xp startup diskettes before attempting to format the hard drive.

Jullious

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hiya Kael got a question for Ya

So do we have any idea what causes the game to freeze? Mine does this also. Sometimes, if I am patient, it comes back after a min or two. But usually I get tired of waiting and just alt-tab out to get to the desktop. Funny thing is, the game unfreezes for that fraction of a second as it drops. It is so frustrating.

I'm not talking about LD where you see your counter count down (or up) and turn yellow and then red. I'm talking about my game freezing and my router box to show that it is still trying to talk to the rest of the world.

Spazz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hiya Kael got a question for Ya

Never EVER run an operating system on minimum requirments especially MICROSOFT!!! I would recommend upgrading to a better motherboard first one that can handle more ram. . .if you are running a board that can only support 386 ram then the bus is probably also slow and chances are you aren't even getting the performance your video card can give. I can send you a copy of windows 98 SE I have a shitload of em. Also if you are gonna want to run XP then please get at least a gig processor. My 2 cents!

>spazz

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: