The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Lost Dungeons of Norrath

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Aelorean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Lost Dungeons of Norrath

Quote:

Just when you thought you'd covered it all - five massive continents, the moon, and the homes of the god's themselves - a new series of adventures leads you into some of Norrath's greatest sources of speculation and mystery. Discover EverQuest: Lost Dungeons of Norrath. The story that began in Broken Skull Rock now yields new clues about an event threatening to change the face of Norrath. Hunt for long-hidden artifacts of power from forgotten dungeons, secret catacombs, and long-buried ruins. A mystery is
unfolding and a new age of exploration and adventure has begun!

* Focus on single group content

* New technology with an emphasis on personalized encounters

* Environments catering to a wide variety of play styles
Hundreds of new quests

* Legendary dungeons filled with undiscovered horrors, items and fame

* Powerful new spells for all casting classes

Alermik

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Dungeons of Norrath

After reading all the lore on the LoY website, I don't think I ever saw any of the continuation of the storyline in the expansion (beyond the trolls getting thrown out of Grobb). Of course, I never managed to see Hate's Fury, either. :\

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Dungeons of Norrath

The storyline continues in Hate's Fury, where you get a massive TO BE CONTINUED instead of actually finding the fricking stone. I guess this is a good thing, but it mostly feels frustrating.

Quote:
* Focus on single group content
Also promised in SoL and PoP, with medium success. (SoL is pretty light on good single group content, once you've left Paludal.)

Quote:
* New technology with an emphasis on personalized encounters
Promised with PoP.

Honestly, I love dungeons, but I'm just not feeling it for this expansion. The fact that it'll be up against SWG, Horizons and WOW beta makes me think this may be too little, too late for EQ1.

EQPAWhizbang Dustyboots

bigemnose andhow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Dungeons of Norrath

Quote:
Honestly, I love dungeons, but I'm just not feeling it for this expansion. The fact that it'll be up against SWG, Horizons and WOW beta makes me think this may be too little, too late for EQ1.

I am currently beta testing SWG, and I have to tell you the game just lacks involvement big time. They tried too hard to create a "reality" and forgot it was supposed to be a game. After beta testing it for the past few weeks, I can say that there is about a 1% chance I will buy the game when it comes out. It just has no direction what so ever. You can do anything, but thats the problem... you dont know what you SHOULD be doing and at that, you dont know WHY you should be doing anything. It just feels like you are playing the game for the sake of playing the game. Atleast with EQ1, it is easy to understand what you need to be doing, where, when, and how... and you know for what purpose you need to be doing all of those things. People complain that EQ1 is an experience tread mill, but atleast it is something.

I believe that when SWG comes out finally, it will sell like mad cause so many people are anticipating its release, but after everybody gets in to the game and realises that it just plain isn't any fun, they will leave. In the end, SWG will have a niche following just like the other non-EQ1 MMORPGs, but it definitely is not the EQ1 killer that people think it is going to be.

By the way, there are other beta testers that love SWG, but for me it just isn't fun.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: