The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
A Veksar Posting

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Aelorean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: A Veksar Posting

I saw this on Allahkazams and thought it might be a nice little intro into the new zone coming next week:

Quote:

'Sup everyone. I just spent all day and survived about sixteen near deaths, solo- and group-oriented, so I know my way around this God forsaken zone. Let me tell you, Veksar alone makes Legends worth $39.99 a month. All kidding aside, $40 is alot to cough up, but Veksar is one of the reasons that I pay it... plus my guild is too damn good =P. Anyhow... Here's some basic info.
Veksar doesn't require a key; as in DOES NOT. NO KEY. If you ignore this, make sure you go up to the Tangrin and ask him how he's doing today, you'll get a special-key just for you. Also, give him any uber loots you have, such as Ornate armor, and he'll give you a key for that too.
Next on the list, the zone is NOT underwater. The Zone-In is, correct, but the zone itself requires no EB item. There are waterways and tunnels underwater, yes, but there is NO EB REQUIRED for the impact the zone has on the game.
At the zone in, swim UP, and you'll see a pillar tipped over into the pond. Climb up it, and you'll be in the zone, officially (besides actually zoning in). Now run down the building, and you will see everyone favorite dumb@#%^s: Bloodgill Goblins! UBAH! Umm no. They are Blue at 54/55, light blue depending on the mob itself. You have two classes of these: Warriors and Shamans. Typical for retarded-Goblins. Both are self-explanitory as to mob-function. These DO NOT Summon, though they have a good amount of hit-points... but nothing a simple dooming+in.fear cannot stop =P. These total in about eight or nine spawns at zone entrance-way.
To the LEFT of the main zone-entrance, is a big, long, yet very thin BROWN RAMP. Climb it if you want to go IN VEKSAR CITY. Apon reaching the very top, you will arrive at an entryway. Walk in, and to the right are three-stalls, which were probably rooms or closets if you want to get technical with the Lore. One of the NEW RACE spawns here. Now, here is some basic information on the new-race-thing-bastards-that summon...
You have Sentrys, Crusaders, Phantoms, Troopers, and a few others that are rarities among those mentioned. THEY ARE UNDEAD, the Level ranges are 53+, and guess what? THEY ALL SUMMON- and I mean summon! Sentry's are typical warriors. Crusader's are SK's, and yes, they DO HT. As in Harm Touch, a good 600hp down the sewer of Veksar. Phantom's are HP-whores, and they like to cast spells too, just upgraded-SK's it seems. Trooper's are the REAL SK's. They have the 700+ HT and massive hit points. After running rampade through the first level(s) of tunnels, you'll run into more stronger versions of this new race. Vessles, which are random-classes (some HT, some don't), Commoners, who are stronger warriors, Animalists, who are Beast Lords, without the pet (shrug), and Rotting Peasants, which seem to be a mix of everything mentioned above, except BST's. Now from here, you may see some Iksar Golems. Summoning, bigger and better versions of Golems in CoM, just VERY orange, and VERY tough. If you want a DC-pet in this zone, GET ONE OF THESE! Ubaaah! They are 55, maybe 56, and hit HARD, with lots'uh HP. Now, going in even deeper, you will see two buildings being extremely-well guarded by these golems. The first and closest building is called the Ballroom. This resembles a run-down, abandonded ballroom (or a haunted one, whatever) and is guarded by more of the new race of creates. This time, we have Diviners, Nihilists and Primalists. Guess what they guard? Hierophant Vradik, level 55, Iksar-ghost-type mob, and he casts and summons. Modest hitpoints compared to the golems. Drops a "Dented Kunzar War Helm" 23ac 8sta 35hp 35mana 8svd 5svc WAR SHD BRD RNG PAL I THINK, 90% sure.
Going back to Golem entrance, we take a right from Stairway, and this will lead you to more golems, then another very long ramp to climb. This takes you to, "the Theater," where it is indeed an old theater of sorts (think Shakespeare as a Lizard). These have another new class for the new race: Spellbinders. Level 58, these are the meanest motherf***ers in Veksar yet. They are worse than the golems and worse than the few named-mobs I've been up against. No lies, really. They are NECRO'S! They like to summon, as usual, and FEAR too! Poison, DoT, mana-drain, double for about 450 or so, and love to dispell everyone's KEI and POT9! Aka a major pain-in-the-ass. They CANNOT be mezzed, or movement-slowed, but are attack-slowable. In the theater, you will see these bastards, Curates (less spells, more melee versions of the Spellbinders), and an occasional Diviniter. These are ALL PH's for some kind of Kylong Ghost, name has left me, and I cannot find it on log (SORRY!!). He drops a great array of loot. Too many to really list, heh. Problem is getting him to spawn. He is about 60, and is a major pain in the ass, just like the spellbinders.
A word on the loot (as of 5/14, 5/15): The new race commonly-to-uncommonly drops "Steel" weapons. Basically, they are better versions of Iksar-newbie weapons (Shan`Tok, Sheer Blade, Fer`Esh, etc.) and some more common weapons like Long Swords and Hammers. Only difference the color of the weapons and they are Magic. AKA PET WEAPONS... so they think... I will end it here, but after you read this, head on over to Lake of Ill Omen post and read up on these Steel Weapons. DO NOT LET THEM ROT OR GIVE TO PETS! Trust me on this one... okay, go ahead and give Kann and Labtrik one or two. =P

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: A Veksar Posting

/auc wtb paragraphs

I don't think I'll ever be a big fan of Kunark, but I am looking forward to checking this spot out.

EQPAWhizbang Dustyboots

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: