The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
In search of Sunburn Remedy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Izabel BrightAngel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

I know this is nuts as you said in your post but it helps. I had a whol body sunburn last summer, so I know what your going through. Take a leukwarm bath and pour Vinegar in it. YES Vinegar, and spoak for about 20-30 min

Izabel

Lillishiana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

Okay i'll try the vinager and the solar-cain.. i'll have to send the hubby out for it. Thanks for your help guys!

Lillishiana Browniesbane Calalili Meadow Nyaomi
Walker of Vazaelle

Lillishiana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: In search of Sunburn Remedy

My brother is getting married next month and they have these really pretty pastell bridesmaids dresses.. being the pale person i am i decided to get a little tan at the tanning place down the street. The recommended i go for a half session and I took their advice. I tanned nicely, being italian, native american and irish leads for an intersting tan. This time i went for the whole session, 15 min. And dispite my american mutt heritage, the lack of sun light on my body for 10 years ruled and now i have a red/purple sunburn all over my ENTIRE body.. cause i tanned toppless. Sitting makes me cry, i certainly cant sleep on my stomach, or my back and my side is iffy.
I have been using that green aloe gel that gets rid of the heat and keeps the skin moist, however my clothing sticks to it and when i peel my clothing off i scream.

ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD SUN BURN REMEDYS!? My GF said apple cider vinager but i laughed in her face.

Please help

The very red Warrior Goddess

Walker of Vazaelle

TheNerple

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

Edit: I cant read. Had said Aloe.

Nerple Reveler
Vile Tunarean Forest Stalker
Appotus Dominus - Vazaelle

Edited by: TheNerple at: 4/23/03 8:00:04 am

The Ling Slayer - The Licker
Appotus Dominus - Vazaelle

RudeeD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

I know you are going to think Im crazy, but a hospital recommended this to me .....Plain Yogurt....
Take it from out of the fridge and rub it in....aloe is good too.

My Gramdma would soak rags in witch hazel, and put them on me to leech out the heat, but the smell can be overwhelming..

Make sure to drink LOTS of water too.
And whatever Yogurt is leftover have to eat.

BonlainyT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

Get an aloe vera plant and rub the pure juice on, always worked when my grandmother did that for mine.

Bonlainy Trueheart WALKERS
Epic Crusader, Vazaelle

Kelticbaeb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

I sympathize. Being a redhead with Irish heritage, I've gotten more than my fair share of sunburns. Be sure to drink extra liquids your body will need it right now.

Look for "Sooth-A-Caine" aloe vera gel from Banana Boat. It's an electric blue gel in a clear bottle.

Hope you feel better soon.

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind". - (A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act I, Scene I).

Hurricane Survivor - 2004 season: Carl, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne

VamprissX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

Living down in GA/FL, we see that alot. I feel for ya Lilli.

My best advice is COLD showers or a bath if you can stand it. Temporary pain relief, but mostly do this to make it heal faster.

Liz

SasheVaz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

Lilli,

I have had some bad burns in my life as well. Here is something I was told to try last time I got burned badly - it sounds totally bizarre, but oddly enough it works. Take a hot bath - as hot as you can stand - the reasoning for this is - when you get cold, your body tries to conserve heat, which can draw a sunburn deeper into the body and make it take longer to heal - BUT when you get hot, your body does everything it can to dump heat, which can supposedly keep the sunburn from accidently getting worse.

I tried this - and oddly enough it helped - my sunburn still hurt but it healed faster and I didn't peel as badly as I normally do. Another thing you can do, is put baking soda in the water - it helps soothe the skin as well.

my 2cp

BTW the aloe with novacaine helps tons as well.

Sashe
lvl 62 cleric

Elyhim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

go to a good pharmacy or doctor buy SILVERDEAN, this has a pain killer in it, and its what is used for burn victims, (myself standing at the wrong end of some very high density poly)

also everytime as a kid (been riding since 6) i wrecked my motorbike and burnt the crap out of myself on the muffler (i once spent hours in the woods under a motorcycle till i did not come home for dinner and they came looking for me) my dad made me use aloe vera juice and it healed very fast

Lillishiana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

Well.. i opted out of the vinager treatment because it seemed to me that it was a sure fire way to get a Yeast infection.. and i dont want to add insult to injury. Hubby brought home solarcaine and it just made me so very happy that i married him. However... when he went to spray it on he said i might want to go to the hospital because its sun poisoning. His says so because its purple-red.. however i thought sun posioning had to blister. NOT THAT IM WATING FOR THAT TO HAPPEN MIND YOU... but i'm crossing my fingers and keeping my can of solorcaine next to me at all times.

He was looking for that burn stuff El but he couldnt find it at our CVS. he also couldnt find the blue gel.. guess in PA its not the season yet. Le sigh.

HUGS
Lilli
(her body now matches her armor)

Walker of Vazaelle

Lillishiana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

Last time i was burned this bad.. (only on my butt however) i had a tan for two years when it went away. :rollin
I LOVE SOLARCAINE!

Walker of Vazaelle

Kelticbaeb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

If the sunburns starts to get an odd coloration (other than the usual pinkish/red) please see a doctor as you more than likely have sun poisoning. My sister had this once and it took a long time to recover and she now has scars (albeit minimal)because she waited too long to get treatment.

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind". - (A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act I, Scene I).

Hurricane Survivor - 2004 season: Carl, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne

Quillamaya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

I have an olive complexion so I dont burn too bad but when i do, I just use aloe vera, and it turns into a tan the next day.

Quillamaya Allura
~ 58 Beguiler ~
Trikky Spankya
~ 56 Blackguard ~

Lorieannaie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: In search of Sunburn Remedy

*bonks Lilli* Living in Cali AND being a redhead AND very pale (Irish/English heritage) I could have told ya aloe vera. It's the only thing that my grandmother used to put on me when I was little and had been out in the sun to long and it's the only thing that I put on now if I forget the sunscreen when outside. SPF 5000 is my friend (yes that's a joke) :lol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: