The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Oooh, new LoY alchemy recipes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Oooh, new LoY alchemy recipes

www.eqtraders.com/secrets...lchemy.htm

OK, guild alchemists, how much do I have to pay for level 4 fire, magic and cold concentration potions? Are there drops, or is this all droppable vendor sold stuff? Will provide the alchemy Geerloks to anyone without one or without an alchemy trophy.

For laughs, I might also want a 10 doser of high elf, Erudite, human and dark elf illusion. Slaughtering members of each race is nooooooooooo problem. :lol

stats
gear
Whizbang's Handbook for Young Wizards

Jaffod

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooh, new LoY alchemy recipes

My Alchemy sux0r, I am working my tradeskilz up atm, so maybe I will get alchemy high enough to be usefull

Who needs FEIGN death when I can do the real thing

Carianna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooh, new LoY alchemy recipes

*drool*

Brieah Stormhart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooh, new LoY alchemy recipes

Cooolies.. There may actually be a USE for all tha PP I threw into alchemy!

The illusion one looks to be vendor sold components other than the meat.

Gate to bind is nice but is more expensive than the other gates. ( by about 84pp per potion)

Ooh I have some research to do here!

Brieah Stormhart
62nd Oracle

Tieah Thornhart

Posatrocible

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Potions

For those focus effect potions, we only need to pay a personal visit to GoG to buy the no-drop components from the Alch vendor. They can be pricey though...

If you need any of these potions, I am happy to help out if Brieah isn't around atm you need em. Look for Posatrocible (or any character with <Taint> guildtag). For the illusion ones, I have a few barbarian meats, but if you want anything specific, throw the meat at me and I will alchemize it for ya.

Also, another one that will be handy, I think, is the group shrink potion. On a raid where melee space around the mob may be limited or when casters are trying to find lil nitches to escape ae, this potion will be a nice fast way for groups to shrinkificate with inviting a shaman.

The shadow step potion may also be kinda nice for solo-ers out there. Only a 3 sec cast time to get a head start for the zone!

Jaffod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Potions

OK, reading Posa's post comforts me and worries me at the same time. I am a shammy who shrinkifies, cripplifies, malorificates and dishes out hastification, it is nice to know that other folks have access to the more verbose versions of the shammy spell line - but on the other hand please back off on my trademarkified hot keyification:evil

Who needs FEIGN death when I can do the real thing

Kaelwolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Potions

for a slight reduction in mana costs, I dont see how you could justify the cost.

While the focus potions do last for 3 hrs, is the slight mana reduction worth 170pp (approx cost of herbs - awareness4) and a buff spot for each potion - (maybe on a boss mob, I suppose - just dont die too much)? Also, combines on 5 items is a bitch for SHM unless you have a lot of open spots in your bags - I am one of those people that carries tons of sheet on me all the time, so to make a 10 shot of a focus potion would require 14 open slots.

I have the LoY herbs if you want to try some A4 potions - just get me the other herbs and Ill make np (I have the Briar Thistle which was 2pp ea I think).

Gate potions are nice - 300pp (shm cost) - I made a 5 dose for yec. The added cost to gate to bind rather than FoB (for example) is actually worth it and the vendor bought are much more exp and dont stack.

I made a few army shrink potions, I dont know what the cost is per potion because I used herbs I had bought (a long time ago) from ValShir (to make Vampiric - hp to mana potions with).

In the end, alchemy is still overpriced (IMO) for the benefits that can be obtained for general use of the potions, however in some rare situations - potions do prove to be invaluable (ie Vampric potions - which I supply to Caniel for those times where emergency mana, albeit very expensive mana, is essential and gate potions for melee when we dont have a porter in the grp).

An excellent idea for melee is to bug a mage for the talisman gate summoned item (no rent of course) and pick up a couple of the reagents from me (Quintessence of Knowledge- these are NOT no rent and will stay on you until u actually use the mage talis gate item) - the cost of a gate then becomes 100pp or so.

I am happy to make any potion that guildees want as long as I am provided with all the dropable components. I stopped alchemy at 191, but with my +% alchemy items I do acheive an alchemy skill of +200 - so expect some failures on the focus effect potions (I rarely fail on most potions, but I have to say when I made 100 sow potions the other day I did fail on 2).

I do get insulted when non-guildees ask me to make potions for them, saying that they have the herbs and just need a combine, especially when that person can see that I am in a high lvl zone.

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Potions

I get that, too, Kael. It's amazing how important it is for someone to get Nightmare bow cams combined (for free, yet) when they can see I'm raiding or XPing. :rolleyes

But I disagree about the mana savings: While most classes have a variety of different spells that they can cast, I will cast perhaps 500 fire spells in the course of 3 hours, if not more. Wizards are insanely specialized. Being able to stack a 5 percent mana savings with a mage earring and SCM adds up. The amount of times "one more nuke" would have saved the day is very very high.

I'd be happy to pay for a 10 shot pot of the level 4 fire one to see if it's as good as it seems on paper.

Aelorean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Potions

I am in agreement with Kael, I cannot understand why the cost of alchemy components is so high. I mean, one can understand with some of the other tradeskills because you create an 'item' that is used for some time; however, things that are alchemied(sp?) have limited use.

I would love to see a justification for the cost of alchemy from sony devs at some point. There must be some logic I'm missing.

Kaelwolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Potions

Whiz - pick up the folllowing for me - lucerne, agrimony, dhea, clover. You can find them in SH in the big round building - directly east of where u zone in from nexus. Ill be happy to make u a 10 shot.

What slot do u put alchemy Geerloks in? I have the GM bag - if I can use both at once, Ill take one.

Kelticbaeb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooh, new LoY alchemy recipes

About time they gave shammies a bit of alchemy lovin'.

Kelticbaeb Darkbane,
53 Mystic
"The Wandering Shaman"

Tinuviele,
44 Cleric of Hate

Hurricane Survivor - 2004 season: Carl, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooh, new LoY alchemy recipes

The Geerlok goes in main hand, but if you have the trophy, it won't stack, and has the same bonus as the trophy.

I'll pick up 10 of each of those soon. Thanks, big bear.

Posatrocible

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooh, new LoY alchemy recipes

ROFL -- sorry Jaff, I didn't realise I was steppificating on your trademark! From this point forward, I will try to ceasify any and all unnecessary suffixes. Starting.... now.

SPACE! Kael mentioned the lack of it, and it has been the bane of my tradeskill existence. One thing that has been a real gift over the last couple days though... I am trying HARD not to fill up my new bank spaces. Now, before I start buying up my components for tradeskill x, I throw 4 or 5 bags in the bank and then use my handy GM alch trophy to summon up a wack of giant 10 slot 100wr bags! No drop, no rent, but not lore, weee! (Granted, we do not always have access to a bank, but when we do, man oh man). Anyway... it's been a blessing, although I doubt I will be able to keep bags out of the extra space for long.

I haven't had any takers on alchemy combines yet... if you wanna try some illusions etc, give me a shout. (My froggy collected a TON of troll parts doing the newb quest... so if you wanna be big and ugly, pst).

Edited by: Posatrocible at: 2/27/03 8:20:56 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: